- Now more than ever, as a society we are becoming increasingly aware of our impact on the environment and how our actions are shaping the future of the planet. At Washroom Services Direct, we recognise that hygiene and sanitation services should be sustainable to contribute towards an eco-friendly lifestyle.
- Sanitary bins are a legal requirement for all companies to provide for their female employees and help to reduce water pollution. Sanitary bins can be used to dispose of products such as sanitary towels, tampons, nappies to prevent them from being flushed down toilets and entering the sewage system.
- If these waste products are flushed, this can cause potential plumbing blockages and render your toilets unusable (which is a health and safety violation for the professional workplace). This waste can also enter larger water supplies like rivers and oceans and pose a threat to marine wildlife and ecosystems, as they are a source of pollution and can create a choking or suffocation hazard.
- By offering a safe facility to dispose of sanitary waste in, this saves your company money in both plumbing fees and potential legal fines; all whilst helping the environment! A study by the NOAA found that 1.4 billion pounds of rubbish enters the ocean every year, so installing and maintaining sanitary bins will help to reduce any further unnecessary waste entering the ocean.
- Equally, installing electric hand dryers is another way to help the environment as it reduces the need for excess paper waste in the form of paper towels. Also, a hand dryer requires minimal effort to maintain, as it doesn’t need to be restocked like a paper towel fixture does. Therefore, it is also a more cost-effective investment for a business to pay for a multi-use piece of equipment as opposed to single-use paper towels.
- From a user perspective, it is also more hygienic from a user-perspective, due to it not requiring direct physical contact to be activated. This prevents any
cross-contamination and minimises the spread of germs. At Washroom Services Direct, we provide a wide range of hygiene products and services for your every need; whether that’s to maintain a high standard of cleanliness or to be more environmentally-friendly. From sanitary bins to hand dryers, we offer an affordable one-stop shop of hygiene and sanitation goods which your business requires to remain clean and tidy. For more information on how Washroom Services Direct could help to facilitate your hygiene requirements and improve your company’s environmental impact, get in touch with us today.
There are a variety of simple and easy measures to ensure your business is hygienic whilst saving you money long-term. We have compiled a list of 5 ways you can maximise your hygiene budget:
1. Minimising germs is beneficial for both your business and your money
Perhaps the most important way you can benefit your finances is to invest in appropriate hygiene facilities for your business. This will minimize foul smells, litter and most importantly, stops the spread of germs. This is not only an important and necessary measure for your business, but will benefit you financially as you won’t need to spend money on expensive disinfecting services. It will also improve your customer satisfaction and ensure a cleaner, happier environment.
2. Invest in Feminine Hygiene Units
In 1991, the UK government created The Water Industries Act which states that no waste can cause blockages in drain systems. Therefore, waste needs to be disposed of appropriately instead of flushing down the toilet. By installing feminine hygiene units, women are less likely to flush their sanitary items and instead use the appropriate facilities. This will save you more money in the long-run as blockages can cause major drain issues and require expensive repairs.
3. Finding the appropriate Washroom Service for your business
If your business has a low number of visitors, then a smaller feminine hygiene unit would be more appropriate. This will save you money whilst ensuring your visitors are taken care of. However, if you are a larger business then you will need a more substantial unit in place. As a consequence, disposal of sanitary waste will be more appropriate for your business as you have considered both the volume of sanitary waste and the number of visitors. You might either need a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly disposal of the waste, but figuring this information out initially will save you money long-term.
4. Customer satisfaction
If your competitors are offering cleaner, safer environments then customers will more likely go to them instead of your business. By providing your customers with the necessary facilities, they will be more inclined to return to you. This can be guaranteed with the simple addition of facilities such as baby changers, hand dryers and sanitary bins.
5. Abiding by the law
In the early 1990s, the government created laws for companies and small business’ to abide by. These are the; Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations, Water Industries Act and Environmental Protection Act. These regulations are put into place to make your business a more hygienic and safe environment. However, if you do not comply with the law then you would be liable.
Whilst maintaining a high standard of hygiene within your business space or office is a professional expectation legal requirement and, there are several other reasons why maintaining a clean and organised working environment can be beneficial to your company. We’ve decided to highlight our top reasons as to why managing your hygiene levels within your workspace should always remain a top priority.
1. Your employees are legally entitled to work in a clean and safe environment, as is their human right under international laws. For example, you are required to provide sanitary bins for female employees in their bathroom facilities, in order to dispose of menstrual waste in a discreet and hygienic manner. If you ensure that your employee’s working and recreational space within the business premises are kept clean and sanitary, your employees are more likely to feel comfortable and motivated to work productively. If you fail to comply with UK legislation, you could risk being fined or taken to court, so investing in good hygiene practices is a must to avoid financial and legal repercussions.
2. Likewise, many people subscribe to the mantra ‘tidy room, tidy mind’. Studies show that employees work best in clutter-free zones, as mess is a distracting factor.
Organising an in-house cleaning rota is a good way to evenly distribute responsibility amongst employees and reinforces the desire for excellent hygiene levels as a central priority within your company. Plus, this encourages both teamwork and individual responsibility, as it ensures that employees are able to take ownership of
their workspace and are held responsible for actively cleaning up after themselves.
3. If you have clients or visitors coming in, maintaining an excellent standard of hygiene creates a professional first impression and sets the tone for both your initial appointment and working relationship. If your bathrooms or office space is dirty or unsanitary, this could jeopardise future business opportunities or relationships with business contacts as they may be put off by the unattractive and unsafe workspace.
At Washroom Services Direct, we provide a wide range of hygiene products and services for your every need. From sanitary bins to soap dispensers, we offer an affordable one-stop shop of everything that your business needs to remain clean and tidy. For more information on how Washroom Services Direct could help to facilitate your hygiene requirements, get in touch with us today.